RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 08:18:06 -0800
The Santa Cruz County Sentinel  ("the Sentinel")

Wednesday, February 5th, 1997  page A2

"Activists take over blockade
 to keep logging trucks away"

By TRACY L. BARNETT
Sentinel staff writer

  MOUNT MADONNA -- A Santa Cruz man was
arrested Tuesday morning after blocking Summit
Road to stop Redwood Empire loggers from pass-
ing.
  Ombodhi Thoren St. John, 21, was cited by Santa
Clara County sheriff's deputies and charged with
willful disobedience of a court order -- a tempo-
rary restraining order issued Friday to stop area
residents from blocking the road.
  "I was representing myself and thousands of res-
idents of Santa Cruz and Santa Clara counties who
will enjoy these forests in the future if they're not
cut," said St. John.  "I thought it was a good state-
ment to make with my citizenship and my rights."
[[ picture ]]

Representatives of the Santa Cruz Rain Forest Action group stand on
Summit Road Tuesday to block the passage of logging trucks.  From left,
Ramona Rubin, Ombodhi St. John, Adrienne Thompson and Nisha Chauhan.

aloha!
        bodhi here.  i give the above newspaper article to the raw
community in hopes of hearing from y'all about your planet-saving
activities.  how has eating unfired foods helped you to work as a more
vigorous point of light in the universe?  while i love all the food talk
as much (or more) as the next living foodist, i want to hear about some
of the other raw details from your life.  what appropriate and necessary
actions do you feel we must take to ensure our common future?  and if you
think this post "is way out of line" for a raw discussion group, let me
know that, too!

for the trees,
              bodhi