RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 1996 11:59:31 -0500
Hi Martha!

I've ordered shoes from the first two of the following companies and have
seen they have really cute high top boots.   Have one pair which I really
like from, I believe, Aesop.

For non-leather alternatives, contact Aesop, Inc., P.O. Box 315, North
Cambridge, MA 02140, Heartland Products, Box 218, Dakota City, IA 50529 or
Creatureless Comforts, 702 Page Street, Stoughton, Ma 02072.

I too saw a creature die being slaughtered for meat.  In 1971 I was walking
early one morning in Katmandu, Nepal when I came upon two men slaughtering a
water buffalo calf (I think they did this in the early morning so as to avoid
offending their many Hindu neighbors).  The calf looked into my eyes as he
was dying.  The effect on me has been and will be life long.  I think that
anyone who believes that being slaughtered does not involved pain, terror,
sadness and suffering would have been convinced otherwise had s/he been there
that morning.

Happy Turkey Free Thanksgiving to you and to all here at VEG-RAW!!

Smiles,

Sandy