RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 17:58:59 -0700
Jean-Louis Tu wrote:

> That's the main problem of instinctos. The only vegetables (non-fruit ones)
> I really like are: celery sticks, lettuce, artichoke. A few others are OK,
> and many (kale, mustard greens) almost inedible. The classical explanation
> is that fruits were selected to be eaten raw, whereas vegetables were
> selected to be eaten cooked. If we were to live in nature, fruits would
> be much less pleasant.

> One way to "solve" that problem is to eat fruits only when delighful, and
> eat vegetables until the stop (that is, to push further when you eat
> vegetables). And to avoid temptations, eat fruits at only one of the
> meals, and force yourself to eat vegetables at least once a day. That
> works, but can lead to frustrations.

Is there any evidence from long term instinctos that deficiencies result
because of too few vegetables? As long as I am eating RAF, perhaps my
instincts are correct that I do not need many vegetables. I think the too
much fruit problem is an addiction to mutant sugars in genetically
altered fruits we get. I'm using honey as a substitute for natural sugar
and eating less fruit. I still worry a bit about vegetables and take a
Mighty Green supplement, but somehow I think I am worrying too much, as
long as I get some veggies when I find them attractive.

My best, Ellie