RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 1998 07:19:29 -1000
John:
>Can someone just briefly explain what "NFL" stands for? (On a RAW FOOD
>list, I know it "ain't the National Football League" we're talking about.)
>I see a lot of talk on the list about them and am very curious as to what
>the dispute is about. In today's posts I see that some apparent litigation
>is even going down with them.

NFL stands for Nature's First Law a fruitarian trio of in-your-face types
who plagairized an obscure Iranian's book called "Raw Eating" into their
"own" book called "Nature's First Law". They are held in very poor repute
by all but the fanatical because of their bullying, name-calling, racism,
foodism, and incredibly poor science. They are into being famous and making
money by selling everything possible having to do with raw foods...

You can search the archives for "NFL" and make up your own mind.

>Also, I see this term "Paleo" flung around here quite a bit too. Please
>excuse my ignorance on this one as well, but what does this term refer to.
>I'm *guessing* it has to do with ingesting RAW FLESH products. Is this
>correct or am I WAY OFF?

Paleo foods would be foods (or classes of foods) which were eaten before
the Neolithic (ie before agriculture). Basically that means no dairy, no
grains. And yes, it does include animal foods, raw or cooked. Many
paleo-dieters are not much concerned with being raw, but get some pretty
good results eating cooked paleo foods (ie avoiding grains and dairy). An
influencial book for them is called "Neander-Thin" by Ray Audette.
Instincto is an entirely raw, unmixed diet--something of a PRE-paleo-diet,
since instinctos are trying to emulate our pre-fire ancestors by trying to
find ultimate-quality food sources and eating them one at a time by sensory
pleasure.

Cheers,
Kirt