RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pat Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 17:47:20 -0500
>Pat, are you Ms. or Mr. Pat?

Mrs.Pat, Ric.  M.ASCP, retired.B,B,W,5'9", 142#,knock-knee'd and enjoying
life and this list and the folk on it very much, indeedy!

Thank you so much for your time in catching me up to alternative therapists
, Ric, that was a great deal of work. It took me a great number of years
(med.tech.microbiologist) to undo do the brainwashing of the medical
industry's training, I've been more than a little skeptical, because there
are many very good and caring physicians out there who are also brainwashed
about "other", but doing a fine job in their chosen field and training.. I'm
often pretty cynical, but it is of the bottom line approach, the waste in
hospitals,the viscious restraints and attacks on alternative medicine
without (it seemed to me) an open mind. There is room for all, and the
intelligent thing, it seems to me, would be for each to pursue all avenues
vigorously; quite a few do who see the door opening (and the bottom line,
too, I don't really object to paying well for care which heals without
horror, it's a gruelling job). They are caught in a trap, many of them,
exhausted from the horrendous responsibilities, the failures, the awareness
of their limitations, without time to be comforted by their successes or to
ardently pursue additional methodology. They have to be very bright and
tough to survive med. school, and income is only part of the lure, I'm sure.
But the AMA ...ARRRRGH!!

The burgeoning sites on the web, offering free avenues to self education on
what, how, where, who,...and why....is not being lost on the rut sleepers.
Things are getting better, and I'm very positive of the direction now, there
is a lot of fresh air blowing.In the meantime, I am typical of a bus driver
who's day off he takes his wife for a ride on the bus...I am still
fascinated by the medical field, and am still thrilled by the  new breed of
Paul de Kruif's "Microbe Hunters", the frontier is just barely being seen,
let alone conquered...it's so exciting!!!!

Thanks for your very friendly help and kind remarks, that's good medicine!!

Pat