RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Walter Semerenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 15:26:40 +0000
Liza and Roberta:  I would of emailed you both, but I was just finishing
final exams on Friday, and spend ridiculous amount of time studying.
Saturday was my official day of the fast.  I won't post any lengthy
experiences until my end of the fast.  I'm writing a day-to-day journal
which I will post if it isn't too long, and people are interested in reading
it.  (it contain a bit of superfluous personal information, but fasting
doesn't only effect the physical but mental and emotional states.)  I'm on
my third day of the fast.  I drinking water with some squeezed lemon,
peppermint tea, Red Zinger tea, taking parasite cleanser and psyllium husk
powder, and a green drink that contain some herbs.  I'm trying not to take
any caloric intake because I want to get a full cleanse, but I may go to the
health-food store to get a double shot of wheat grass juice because I felt
very weak in the morning.  After drinking some kombucha tea and water, I
went to lie in bed and still felt weak.  The kombucha tea (if you don't know
what it is, do a search on it) made me feel a bit queasy, but I got up after
an hour and started to feel better.  Now, I have drank some Red Zinger
(mostly rosehips leaves with a lemon zing) and am feeling fine.

>Hi all,  Liza and I have been having juice-only for 3+ days.  4 for her, and
>today after 3+ I had some normal solid food.
>We've had some interesting experiences, and she suggested I post some of
>mine.  I decided to fast after having very stressful times at work.
>Without the distraction of food, I was able to work longer hours for a
>couple of days, which I really needed to do.

I think that is wise what you are doing.  Working and a straight water fast
can leave you drained during the 1st-3rd day.  It's better IMHO to do water
fasts at home with no distractions like work or school.

>evening I had a shouldder-neck pain exactly where an old injury was.  It
>was bad enough to make me rub it and think about doing acupuncture on
>myself, as soon as I was done treating patients, but before I did it
>went away.  I also worked long hours on Friday, less patient hours but
>more computer work.  Friday night I had a similar experience, with the
>injury flaring, but the pain was about 80% less in time and intensity.
>It felt like something that was physically stuck came out of there.

This is known as a healing crisis.  Some symptoms may flare up.  As far as I
know, they occur during a fast leave within a couple of days.  In my case,
the first fast I went on I had a flare up of acne on the sixth day and some
pimple size welts on my butt.  I've have very mild acne, and it was part of
my healing crisis.  For more on healing crisis, read
http://www.samart.co.th/hps/tbhealth.htm (I don't know where the exact link
is, but you should find it)

>I haven't read much about fasting, or about detox symptoms during
>fasting, which Liza shared with me.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!  Friday will end my 7-day fast, and I
will finish my journal.  I'm no expert on fasting, but I'll share as much as
what went on with me.

Walter.
(feeling good on the the 2 1/2 day.  Will I feel euphoric on the next day?
I hope.  That the most amazing time of the fast.)