RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 22:27:29 -0500
>Submitted to veg-raw by: Elly Gittens <[log in to unmask]>
>Does anyone (not distributors) have experience with Super Blue Algae?

Hi Elly, I tried it for a month or two recently (the Cell-Tech package of
Alpha and Omega Sun plus enzymes), and though I was optimistic about it
experienced no noticeable effect either positive or negative. I was able to
try it for free since my mom was temporarily persuaded to become a
distributor by a relative who was gung-ho about Cell-Tech SBGA and had
gotten good results. However, my mom also got no results, either positive
or negative, and dropped her distributorship.

I have heard both the "raves" and the "no results" stories like my own and
my mom's and others. You will only know if you try it yourself. Very
expensive, however. (I forget how much; I think my mom said $80-90/mo. for
the full program that I tried, but don't quote me on that. :-)

FWIW, if we take it at face value that some people get good results from
SBGA and others get none, there are two theories to me that seem as if they
could be possible explanations. One theory would be that it depends on
individualistic factors such as your body's typical nutrient absorption
efficiency profile, and whether the profile of nutrients in SBGA fills in
those gaps (in which case you would notice an effect), or whether it just
gives you superfluous stuff your body is already extracting enough of
anyway from other foods (in which case you wouldn't notice an effect).

The other theory suggests the effect one gets from SBGA may actually be a
stimulant effect rather than a nutritional effect, from either (a) high
levels of nucleic acid in cyanobacteria (SBGA) that metabolize into uric
acid leading to the stimulant effect; or under certain conditions SBGA may
(b) produce neurotoxins, and/or (c) hepatoxins, which could also give rise
to a stimulant effect.

While possible, both theories nevertheless remain in the realm of
speculation to me, and as yet I have seen no convincing explanation to
explain the disparity in results that people get. (Actually, I rarely even
hear people venture an explanation for the disparity of results in the
first place.) In any case, YMMV (wildly) from what I have heard.

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS