RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:32:43 GMT
Hi Liza,

At 11:45 AM 11/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Subj:   Re: FASTING!!
>Date:   11/17/97
>To:     [log in to unmask]

>Hi Lynton!!
>
>I'm really happy to hear from you, and your thoughts about fasting - while I'm
> fasting!  Very helpful to me.

You write:
>If you look on fasting as a way to avoid the effects of negatives in
> foods, so allowing the body to use its energy to remedy what needs it then
>Would it be better to avoid the negative foods, and eat positively?

>I guess I don't look on the fast as a remedy for the effects of eating bad
>foods, but rather a rest from the task of digestion entirely.

I guess I didn't expain it so well:  I understand that fasting is avoiding
foods completely.  And why would this be good, if all food is good (and if
it was, what is the problem with digesting it???
As we know, different foods are better than others, and different people
have different requirements.
So my idea is that it is better to eat the foods that are good and "fast"
from those that are not.

> I have a couple of problems that I'm trying to clear up through the fast
>(a recently appearing bunch of small uterine fibroids, and an irritatingly persistent
>(many years) shallowness and shortness of breath during running).

How do you know if a problem is caused from foods or not?  And why would
fasting cure the problem if it wasn't caused by foods?
I have found that taking fresh cholophyll juice works wonders for the
ability of the blood to carry oxygen (and the dried barley-grass product
seems to work too, tho not quite as well - plus its costly).

>Have you had any successes clearing up problems by fasting?

Not really, fasting has caused me more problems than not.  I think that
eating effectively has been _ far_ more beneficial to me.

How did you find out about those fibroids?

I hope it all works out for  you Liza,

Regards, Lynton