RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 23:31:37
>3) Douglas, Did you have yourself checked for heavy metal contamination
>before you underwent chelation therapy?

After 4 or 5 EDTA chelations I was checked, & about all I had was a
little mercury, so now they are chelating me with DMPS which is
better at getting that out.  I was pretty much clean as a whistle,
which gratified me.

 Have you felt any improvement of your health after the treatments?
I felt fine beforehand, & still do, so it has not apparently harmed
me (yet).  I think I resently posted this to this list, which I got
off another list:

>"Study links bone density, breast cancer," page D3, Nov. 6,
> reported thatpostmenopausal women "who had the higest bone-mineral density
> were at 2.0 to 2.5 times the risk of breast cancer compared with women with the
> lowest bone-mineral."

That is why chelation is so good for you.  Among other substances,
calcium is directly implicated in aging/cancer, & this is probably
one of the main ways chelation is so effective.  But a high fruit
diet may well accomplish almost as much.

>Can you be more specific about above which levels exercise
> will have an adverse effect on longevity and how much exercise IYO is
> optimal?

I don't think any exercise is going to do you any good, except maybe
a little to get the lymphatic system circulating or whatever.  The
whole Paul Bragg, Bernarr McFadden bodybuilding mindset is the
antithesis of what will produce maximum longevity.  I believe I have
mentioned that somebody had some excellent posts on this to the CR
list in Sept. or Oct. I believe, which should be available in their
archives at http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~freinkel/crs/index.htm
if anybody wants to wade through it all to find that stuff.  The
rodent data is what is in there.  The notion of exercise being good
is mostly a Western concept, not shared by other medical traditions.
Certainly the Taoists urged lethargy.  In his "Maximum Lifespan" [I
have a spare PB copy if anybody wants to buy it] Roy Walford
reported on yogis he found in the sticks in India who had a 94-95°F
mean internal temperature, eating a minimal diet and living in
lethargy.  These boys should have incredibly long lives living at
that temperature.  Elimination is maximal when resting while
fasting, it is probably at a minimum when exercising.  Exercise
requires more calories, more calories=faster aging.  About all that
is good about it is that lactic acid is produced during prolonged
exertion, & that is an excellent chelator.

>Can you point to some evidence that supports your claim that
> too much protein will shorten lifespan even with calorie restriction -
> and please define too much.

I'll try to see if I can dig something up, but the stuff on the
Eskimos with a raw protein diet should make it clear that it will
drastically shorten lifespan.  So I hope this answers the question
as to whether raw protein is bad.  Too much (as a % of food intake)
is probably more than you get out of leafy vegetables.  Read chap 5
at http://www.owt.com/infomedix
This is loaded with valuable data.

Also look at
http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~freinkel/cr/cr.htm
the CR FAQ which goes into protein evils too a little I believe.

Protein is just plain bad news, raw or cooked, & there is no doubt
that it should be kept to a minimum.  It can really hang a number on
your karma too, but I think bodhi is probably a lot more qualified
to speak to that point than I am.  Earth to bodhster?

--Doug Schwartz