RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ryan Cormney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 1998 19:03:12 -0500
Hello David,
was the page you checked out: http://www.buildfreedom.com/healmain.htm>.
I just read Aajonous's interview as well.  Also read his book and have
started his dietary recommendations, no dairy products yet though, need to
find a viable source.

Do you know if the dr. Gonzales you worked with came to Texas(sent by the
AMA) to disprove the use of pancreatic enzymes in the fight against cancer
by a Doc who suffered from cancer.(I can't remember the Docs name).  Dr.
Gonzales reviewed all his records of patient recovery and ended up becoming
an advocate of the use of pancreatic enzymes to inhibit cancer growth.  I
think he returned to NY to continue with this work.  This is a story that
was told to me by a Alt. Med physician in Dallas.  Just curious if it is the
same man.

I've also come across a little on Biochemical Individuality(Roger Williams
UT at Austin), Fast/slow oxidizers(One of Gabriel Cousen's interests), and
sympathic/parasympathic dominance.  Still need to review the info, but at
this time the easiest way I have to gauge a diet that is right for me is to
try it out for an extended period of time and take note of my feelings,
energy level, physicality, and mental performance.  I'm not sure where I
would fit in to the above groupings, and not so sure they are all
encompassing.  I'm individualizing my diet to fit my needs. It is quite
possible that some tests could enhance/augment my knowledge, but I don't
know enough about it at this time to warrant such examination.

 I'd like to hear more about your lobbying experiences.  I also think it is
great that Dr. Gonzales has received funding for his treatments.  However, I
don't imagine he is  endorsing the consumption of raw foods in these
treatments?  Hopefully, I'm wrong?

I'm currently interested in working with someone who is doing clinical
research concerning the use of raw foods in the restoration and maintance of
good health.  Not sure how much is out there?  I am going to be spending the
next year in a molecular biology research laboratory to learn the protocols,
tools, and the proper channels of securing funding for a viable clinical
study.  I will then try to began my own research in this topic that could
always use more support(in a manner that the scientific community will take
note).  This more than likely will be post med school, since a degree of
this nature is always helpful when it comes to securing funding.

If you have any further resources on Dr. Gonzales and the
sympathic/parasympathic story, I'd like to look into it. I'll check the web.

Thanks, ryan