RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 18:05:06 -0700
Bruno:
>Raw and instinctive nutrition improves the mind and state of
>consciousness as much as it detoxes the body.

>Cooked food is not only the cause of health problems but also of the
>crazy modern nervous behaviours called wars, urban violence, rioting...

Perhaps that's a bit overstated, Bruno?

While I think cooked foods can be pretty problematic, I wouldn't go so far
as put the entire blame for wars upon them. There is plenty of evidence
that primates (both wild/raw and confined/denatured) exhibit violence that
seems excessive, and perhaps even appearing "modern" to some degree...

There are plenty of other co-factors in violence, not limited to
over-crowding, sexual jealousy, social injustice, etc etc--all which can
not properly be blamed on cooking.

Cheers,
Kirt

see:
DEMONIC MALES: APES AND THE ORIGINS OF HUMAN VIOLENCE
by Richard Wrangham and Dale Peterson.
Houghton Mifflin, 1996 ($22.95).

A worthy companion to Frans de Waal's "Good Natured" (reviewed in these
pages in September 1996), "Demonic Males" offers a probing inquiry into the
violent behavior etched into the nature of humans and
chimpanzees--especially males of the species. The authors lead the reader
on an intriguing tour through human history, primate studies and
anthropological reconstructions; they even offer lessons from the
peacemaking behavioral adaptations of bonobo chimps. The science is clearly
told, the writing literate throughout.

Kirt Nieft / Melisa Secola