RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 06:22:14 -0800
Is pemmican, which is a dried food, considered to be a raw food? My son
seems to tolerate it well. Also, I believe it may be digested mostly in the
stomach, so it does not stay in the colon and allow the bad bacteria to
ferment it. He is doing better on pemmican. Also, he prefers it to cooked
meat. If he has a choice between a turkey burger or pemmican, his choice is
always pemmican. Would it still have some natural enzymes in it?

How much pemmican can you eat, is there a limit? He could easily put away a
pound of day. It also seems to me that the fats in the pemmican are easily
digested. I believe I am seeing improvements in his mental functioning as well.

In addition, we are on a kind of "paleo" diet of meat, fish, veggies, some
fruit, no disaccharides. Before, he was feeling starved on this paleo diet,
The pemmican provides a kind of nourishment and satiety that other allowed
foods do not.

We are off starches/sugars/processed foods as disaccharidases are damaged by
antibiotics, making it difficult to digest wheat, rice, for example and then
they ferment in the colon with bad results.

Schizophrenics that get off of disaccharides can return to normal with time.

He is diagnosed as autistic but is really vaccines/antibiotics damaged and
does not digest well. I need suggestions for foods that digest well.

As people on this list probably know, the symptoms of autism/schizophrenia
often, not always, come from dysbiosis in the intestines. The undigested
food stays in the colon and ferments, the toxins travel to the brain tissues
and influence the behaviors.

We are on a natural regimen where antifungals and antibacterials are not
used. The theory is that the "caveman" diet itself kills the pathogens by
slow starvation, they are not being fed their favorite foods, sugars and
starches.

However,  I am sneaking him a little garlic to fight any residual  candida.
I just read last night that it should be "aged" garlic, and not raw garlic.
I also read that raw garlic is not good for people with hypoglycemia. So I
am going to the health food store today and buying some aged garlic. I had
been giving him raw garlic. Have any of you tried raw garlic, it is very
powerful.

Moira