RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Kinnaird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2000 18:10:47 +0100
Thanks for the link Jean-Louis,

I read it all. It has not changed my view that this is an important
study
and maybe at some point I'll have time to look at the original.

The conclusion that some draw from the study is that cooked food is
unnatural because of the leukocytosis. I think that is a strong
possibility
given that the effect is not seen with raw food.

Just because eating 10% raw with your cooked can stop this effect is
beside
the point. The point for me is that the body is 'alarmed' by cooked
food and
not by raw. I agree that methods in the 20's/30's were probably not as
good
as today but are you suggesting that leukocytosis does not take place?

I agree again that there is speculation but someone who is trying to
find
the optimum diet, for whatever reason needs to make choices given the
available information. Should I wait until some scientist decides to
repeat
the experiments or should I use the speculative conclusions to try to
puzzle
out what the hell we humans should be eating - ideally.

People who eat a raw food diet always report 'crashing' if cooked food
is
eaten after an extended period of raw. This represents the true
reaction of
the body to that foodstuff as regular consumption can mask it's true
effect.

Mike.