RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 09:07:38 +0200
Judy,
> This container I have here of (Pure Planet Brand) Carob-Mint spirulina says
> one serving (20 tabs) contains 9.9 mcg (or 495% of the USRDA) of B-12.

Just yesterday we talked about spirulina. One said that spirulina always
has to be spray dried, were it is heatened very shortly to 70 degree Celsius.
So IMHO it is denaturated. And I don't like its taste.

I think that is much more useful to eat real seaweed, dried or fresh.
It tastes much better and has much more content. Fresh algae get somewhat
slimy when they get older and they taste great then, like spaghetti or
lasagna. And I suppose that they contain lots of microorganisms then,
who could contribute to our intestinal health. And they contain lots of
nutrients and some really natural sea salt.

Karl