RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:56:31 -0700
Which you know has no enzymes left!! I would be interested in

>>The smell of the milk wasn't very attractive. It was better, than that of
>>heated (pasteurized) milk but nevertheless not interesting to me. I
>>drank a small quantity and chewed it awhile in my mouth to find out the
>>taste. Thelonger I chewed it the less pleasant it tasted. Drunk without chewing it
>>was quite acceptable but I wouldn't call the taste good.
>>I swallowed a small amount, circa one tenth of a litre.
>>
>>After some minutes I noted a feeling of dizziness and had some problems with
>>the coordination of my movements. It was not much and far away from being
>>threatening. It was over after some minutes.
>>
>>To make sure what was the source of the problem, I retried the experiment
>>some days later with an even smaller amount of raw milk. And again I felt
>>this dizziness although weaker than the first time.
>>
>>I wouldn't go so far to state that milk is toxic since I drank it
>>although it didn't smell and taste good (violation of the rules of instinctive
>>eating)but it gave me a bad effect and therefore I won't try it again. That
>>stuff is not for me.

I have been raised on cows milk and a mixture of milk , sugar ,and white
flour. Since then i never had a taste for milk but as french i learned
to enjoy butter, cream, yogurts and cheese and ate those dairies in
abundance. As adult , i became vegetarian and augmented my consomation
of dairies drastically. the raw milk was bought , directly from the
farm, in the mountains ( high quality milk) every day to make myself
yogurts , cream and cottage cheeses plus sometimes butter .In an average
i was eating every day 2 home made yoghurts , 25 gr of butter , a big
portion of cottage cheese or unpasteurised goat,sheep, or cow cheeses
plus used in cooking lot of butter ,cream, milk or cheese . Basically
dairies was my stapple whith bread agremented of vegetables and grain.
In the context of agrain diet ,i found yogurt very helpfull and was able
to enjoy plain yogurt without anything on it ( the usual way was to eat
it with homemade jam). Now since i quitt milk when i switch to
instinctive eating(10 years ago ) the smell of dairies is very
unappealing ( it is true that living in North america the dairy
industrie here helped me to not be attracted to their products (the
quality here is so much inferior to what i was used to...).
But now in this island with a good organic supply of raw dairies from
both sheeps and cows, the smell of it is still very unattractive to say
the least.
I don't even have the courage like stephan , to try it.
I don't have to remember the sides effects of my past abuse of dairies
to stay "sober".
That is obvious to me that commercial dairies are unfit for human
consomption and i have strong indications that even the best quality
dairies didn't served me well.
jean-claude