RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Eric (Ric) Lambart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 00:11:11 -0800 (PST)
Peter,

>Ric said:
>>That was the next to last raw animal product our family quit (honey
>>the last), and when the dairy vacated our abode, so did mucous
>>problems, colds, etc.  Dairy (both cow and goat) milks don't closely
>>proximate human milk, so we weren't surprised at the improvements in
>>our well being once we cut the delicious liquid (and cheeses) out.

>Ric, welcome back to the list. As I intend to soon add some raw
>dairy to my diet, I will let you know if the same happens to me. If you
>do not have the proper bacteria in your gut that could cause you to
>have mucous or maybe you were just detoxing cooked dairy. I enjoyed
>your piece on Steuve's - it is almost enough for me to skip the raw
>dairy and go straight for the "real" RAF's - though I am sure that was
>not what you had in mind. ;-)

If the missing bacteria was the problem, then all four of us had the same
bacterial shortage, since we all reacted much the same when the milk was
dropped.  But everyone's unique, so who's to say?  The cruelty to our
fellow animals alone in our practice of stealing their milk is now enough
for me...when I was so hooked on the taste of the dairy, I had a hard time
admitting those sentiments (even though they rumbled uncomfortably in my
subconscious).

>Whatever happened to David John Carmos? - Is he still living and
>practicing in San Diego?

Sadly, David has been in a Mexican prison outside of Mexico City for almost
four years, now.  A real tragedy.  Some of us passed the hat for his
"bail," but the money was ripped off by the corrupt people that said they
could get him free if we'd send them the bucks.  They put him in on a phony
drug charge...he was on the way back to the states from S. America, and
they claim they found the stuff in his suitcase when it was searched in
Mexico during the plane change.  I've seen a copy of the court/police
document from their lab....and the sample was analyzed by an outside
Mexican lab...it ain't anything illegal.

>And how has the San diego raw food community
>handled the loss of one its most inspired front figures namely C.J. who
>wrote the book "The Christ Diet"? I understand that he is now back on a
>mostly cooked diet with lots of CAF's.

Sort of disappointing, you're right.  He's a neat guy, and I feel sorry for
his turn back to the ways from which he once worked so hard to escape.
Don't think you'd recognize Charles today.  He just doesn't look the
healthy, fit guy that he was when down here a few years ago.

>Ric said:
>>To me the "law" is one sticky wicket for sure, but as Hegel put it:
>>"Perfect freedom is perfect obeyance to perfect law...."  Since other
>>mammals in their wild state are basically free of the diseases of
>>"civilization," and get them quickly upon having their normal food
>>simply cooked, I think it's not too unreasonable to at least suspect
>>that there may be some sort of "law" operant in nature that
>>establishes certain "specifications" about the fuel our bods were
>>designed to require for proper function.

>Since most animals die or are killed at the first sign of any weakness
>it is not so easy to assess if they do succumb to some of the diseases
>that inflict man. I was surprised to hear that mountain gorillas come
>down colds living in their damp environment.

Where did you "hear" that one?  Did you verify the report's authenticity?

>Even Alan Walker's research never showed that. Whatever observations
>you are referring to all modern research contradicts it. If in doubt
>read the Ward Nicholson interviews in H & B.

I think Roe Gallo, in her new book, "Body Ecology" sums up my position
perfectly.  Not having had the pleasure of reading Ward's interviews in H &
B, to which you refer, I'm of course at a loss to respond with any
specificity.

Ric