RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:51:22 -1000
Kirt:
>>Even the
>>mix of religion and rawism found at Hallelujah acres isn't distasteful to a
>>fellow like me, surprisingly. ;).

John:
>Admittedly, I was very intrigued by your comment here. Can I assume that
>you, similar to myself, aren't real big on blending the Spirit world with
>the Food world?

No, no, I'm the penultimate spiritual flunky ;) The Food World, along with
the Touch World and the Gawdamn I'm Gonna Cry In My Mask This Reef Is So
Beautiful Scuba World are more than enough for me ;)

I gotta admit though that some of the most incredibly together families I
have ever come into contact with during my teaching career were VERY
religious--at least the parents--and in diverse religions like Mormans and
Islam, though I'm not sure how different those religions actually are.
(Sadly, some of the nuttiest families were also VERY religious.) I read
somewhere that what makes the difference in a family is that it, as a unit,
belongs to some bigger group, or grander purpose, or whatever. Religion
fits the bill and has a huge social aspect. Trouble is, for me, the baggage
in every religion is so heavy duty.

So Melisa and I have decided, half tongue-in-cheek, to make up a religion
from scratch. After our failed manuscript entitled "Raw Extremes" turned
out to be too raw and too extreme ;) we gotta get something new going.
Along with "Tinker Tales" (kiddie morality tales emphasizing the flip side
of every moral), we are outlining "Songers: religion for the rest of us"
kind of a religion as if people mattered sort of thing, or a
post-paleo-religion if you will. Anyway, we'd like to make up a religion
which has biology, individualism and self-determination as its
centerpiece--perhaps the philosophical equivilent of the joke in Monty
Python's Life of Brian" you don't have to follow me; you don't have to
follow _any_body. You're _all_ individuals. You're _all_ different" To
which the crowd replies en masse, "We're all individuals, we're all
different."

Hmmmm...I'm rambling. Anyway, if anyone has anything that they _wish_ was
in a religion but have never seen in a religion, do drop us an email and
expect us to plagerize your every thought in another manuscript which will
likely never see the light of day...

Off the list of course, to [log in to unmask]

Cheers,
Kirt