RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Janis Callen Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 12:02:16 -0400
At 19:03 5/25/98 -0500, Ryan wrote:

>I've also come across a little on Biochemical Individuality(Roger Williams
>UT at Austin), Fast/slow oxidizers(One of Gabriel Cousen's interests), and
>sympathic/parasympathic dominance.

DO YOU HAVE THE REFERENCE TO SHARE?

In another post, David Shufelt wrote:
"It is absolute insanity to suggest that the whole human species, as
different as it is, could be put on one diet.  The human species occupies
every ecological niche from the arctic circle to equatorial rain forests
and there are different foods available in these regions, and people have
had to adjust.  There is no way one diet is suitable for everybody.  The
Eskimos are one of the most famous meat eating peoples.  They live in the
Arctic circle.  They have no growing season.  They have no fruits.  They
have no vegetables.  The only Eskimos that could survie are those that eat
a high fat, high protein diet...And they were among the healthiest people
in the world until they switched their diet to a Western one.  When they
cut their saturated fat consumption from 80% to 40%, they began to develop
our pattern of degenerative diseases.  For them, fat was the perfect fuel.
There was a study that showed that Eskimos lacked the enzymes to digest
complex carbohydrates.  Zookeepers know that if you raise a lion or tiger
on grains and beans it is going to die.  Eskimos need red meat as well, to
function effectively."

THIS IS GREAT AND SO TRUE!

Actually, I've been very interested in this and have been trying to assemble
information.  I did not particularly like the approach of Peter D'Adamo _Eat
Right 4 Your Type_ based on the blood types as it seemed poorly researched.
But I have found so far one site of great interest to me on "metabolic
balancing"   Basically it teaches you how to test yourself and others for
the following imbalances:  1. electrolyte stress; 2. electroltye
insufficiency; 3. anaerobic imbalance; 4. dysaerobic imbalance; 5.
glucogenic imbalance; 6. ketogenic imbalance; 7. sympathetic stress; 8.
parasympathetic stree; 9. acid imbalance; 10. alkaline imbalance.  The
address is ourworld.compuserve.come/homepage/healthbal
The authors have some food suggestions, some supplement suggestions which
are easy to ignore as much of this can be obtained from food,  but basically
it can give you information that is useful for diet.  For example, a person
with an alkaline imbalance needs to limit fruits and other sugars, and get
foods that create more acidity, such as meats, fats (including nuts), and
even tomatoes.  There are some other places you can get information on
alkaline/acid foods; similarly, if one has insufficient electrolytes than
sodium intake must be increased and/or with herbs and food that support
adrenal sufficiency such as sources of B vitamins, C vitamins, licorice
root.  Anyway, it can give us more information to work with.

I'm still waiting for the specific gravity test strips to arrive at the
pharmacy.  I'll let you know what I find out.

A friend of mine has information about a volume that purports to divide
people into 10 main body types and 100 subtypes and to suggest dietary
guidelines for each.  I hope to see this soon and will report back to you
all.

Janis  [log in to unmask]