RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 09:43:37 -0400
Micaela - thanks for the suggestions for soy protein shakes. I'll run
this
by him. he's really stuck on tempeh for some reason I've forgotten
now.

Paul,

> Buckwheat is a cereal grass, not wheat or grain.

thanks. I'll try it out.

> My mom is wonderful, but like me it was just lack of knowledge about what

> a good diet is. Actually our family did have a garden some years

so did we. one of my goals is to have a garden and maybe a goat.

> the result being my 9 year old nephew
> having some developmental problems).

I'm sorry to hear this. my nephew had those endless ear infections and
constant runny nose. my brother and his wife decided to have plugs put
in
to drain it. it made me so angry that they would not examine their
diet
and I felt so bad for the little boy. When I go to visit I will cook
sometimes, and my sister in law is amazed at how her little boy
gobbles up
steamed beans, mushrooms and tofu. sheeeesh. he's got good taste I
tell
her. she read somewhere in one of those stupid magazines that it is
important to feed your child a mixture of canned, frozen, or fresh,
because if you don't, they'll always want fresh and they'll get
spoiled
and won't eat anything else. can you believe this?

Lucia