RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 18:44:53 -1000
Alan:
>If two gentlemen and one lady were the first to show up at a dance,
>the ratio of males to females would be 2:1. To get back to calcium,
>phosphorus and magnesium, the ratio of calcium (per 100 mg or whatever)
>to both of the other two should also be 2:1. It is easier to calculate
>this way rather than with miselading percentages.

Percentages? Look for a percentage symbol "%" if you suspect a percentage.

2:1 is the same, mathematically, as 2/1 or 2.00000000....

Granted the French use , for . in numbers but I can not fathom how you are
ignorant to the decimal equivilant of a ratio.

>Whereas I agree with you in principle, the NH people (at least most of them
>and certainly most of the founders and pathfinders) are still correct on
>this count. It is not a dogma it is a truth.

Spoken like a pure dogmatic. ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft