RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:07:02 -0400
Hi all,

Thanks to this very mailing list, I had a splendid dinner last Sunday
night!  As I was in the DC area on a business trip, I called one of the
list's members, Robert Jordan, to ask if he could recommend a restaurant.

He took me to a fabulous salad bar in an unlikely setting, an Italian
restaurant. (I'll have to look for the card with the name on it...)

 It had all sorts of fruits and vegetables, including some exotic ones like
Yucca and Chayote (I don't even know how to pronounce the latter!)

Pinepple, raspberries, blueberries, watermelon, other melons, etc. etc.

It was like the spread you'd find at an elaborate wedding or bar mitzvah,
but with the emphasis on raw!

We are a great resource for each other!

I keep wishing someone would open a restaurant in Manhattan serving all
those ingenious raw recipes.....

In fact, a restaurant with a combo of that kind of menu and the atmosphere
of a neon diner would be very cool!

Any takers out there?