RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 17:27:50 -0700
Dariusz ROZYCKI wrote:
> Do you think there is an actual connection between the time of the day
> and how well your digestive system may work then?  For instance, do you
> think that eating after 8pm (or more generally: in the evening) does make
> the digestion less efficient? Again, purely because of the time of the
> day, rather than any of the factors which may influence digestion and
> which you mentioned above.

 What I learned from the Natural Hygiene people, is that the body has
three time periods when certain activities are favored, early AM for
elimination, mid-day to evening for aquisition and digestion of food, and
during sleep is a period of assimilation. I makes good sense, not to
envervate the nervous system by eating during the elimination period, or
during the assmilation period at night. I find that I don't have natural
hunger--that tingling in the back of the mouth--in the morning until
around 10 or 11 AM.and I never have it at night. My head often tells me I
want to eat, but I think for me that is a craving and not hunger.

My best, Ellie