RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
roy siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 06:49:01 -0500
Aaron wrote
>Any info on Skezkly's death?  Cause?  His age?  His diet?  Was his clinic
>live veggie plus raw dairy?

As reported by Norma Nilsson Bordeaux, Edmond Szekely passed away in 1979.
I do not know his date of birth.  In June 1923 Edmond Szekely began his
studies and
Research in the Vatican archives, which led to the discovery of the Essene
Gospel of Peace. I don't know  how old Szekely was in 1923, but it is
reasonable to assume, based on his scholastic resume, that he was between
18-24 years old. So, using these assumptions, he probably died in his mid
70's. There are numerous pictures of Szekely in his book, The Biogenic
Revolution, published in June 1977, 2 years before his death.  In the
pictures he looks basically like a healthy 60 or 70 year old.

Szekely lived an unusually productive life. He was an important religious
scholar of this century; author of more than 80 serious books, and often
considered to be the father of the modern essene movement.

And underappreciated, - little noticed actually - in the raw food community.
We all know Erhet, Sheldon, Walker, Bragg, Wigmore, etc. Edmund Szekely also
deserves to be classed as one of this century's raw food pioneers.  Perhaps
he would have been better known among the health conscious if his books had
commonly been offered for sale in heath food stores.  Perhaps not.  Maybe
the book buying public,such as myself, preferred to have its health message
simple and extreme.

Szekely was a careful writer, not prone to exaggerated claims. Believed diet
should be elastic and take into consideration a persons tastes and furnish
all essential amino acids, minerals, vitamins, etc; and believed we fall
into a state of malnutrition if we fail to get our requirement of nutrients.
Szekely's nutritional writings stand the test of time infinitely better than
the other health gurus, imo.

I don't know if Szekely personally was a raw veg or not.  He believed it was
possible for a person to be healthy on a raw veg diet. Szekely kept,
however, a herd of 100 goats at his Rancho La Puerta using them for raw
acidophilus milk and raw cheese products. Szekely thought fermented products
were beneficial for colon health. He gives recipes for homemade curds n whey
in his book, The Chemistry of Youth. (And recipes for homemade sauerkraut,
Essene flat bread, and even a five thousand-year-old recipe for Zarathustra
Bread - he called it a gastroarcheological reconstruction).

I have often regretted that I never joined Szekely's International Biogenic
Society.  Other than to coordinate the sale of Szekely's books, I don't know
if it is still in operation or not.   Perhaps a list member knows the
status.  If you're interested, Aaron, the last mailing address I have is:
I.B.S. Internacional Box 205 Matsqui, B.C. Canada VOX 1S0.

Best Regards
Roy Siegel