RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Noel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 07 Feb 1997 09:53:42 -0600
Kirt wrote:

>Join hundreds of others down through history in reading Shelton's "Fasting
>Can Save Your Life" while fasting. It serves as indispensable cheerleading.
>It works like this: an short hour after you have your final meal you start
>thinking, ah forget this fasting stuff, but dig deep and go read FCSYL
>instead of eating. Then repeat that scenario at seven hour intervals,
>wondering all the while why you don't feel like running a marathon on the
>fourth day of your fast. Continue the fast until you get bored enough to
>scream with your coated tongue, stinky breathe, and tendancy to watch
>daytime soap operas. If your "true hunger" actually returns, write your own
>book about your fasting experience and publish with a vanity press, but
>save FCSYL until the next time you feel the need to fast, which
>unfortunately will probably be right after your break-fast... ;))))

me:
In the past, when I went maybe 36 hours with no food, I always had major
desires for popcorn. It does seem that almost as soon as I decide to try
a fast I get very hungry. One of the fun parts of owning a BB!

kirt:
>Good luck. All that will happen is that you'll learn something about
>yourself...and let us know how it goes, even if you give it up early (most
>people do).

me:
I was sort of interested in the cleansing idea behind fasting. In the
past, I did so many drugs, SO many, and smoking etc. that I hoped I
might clean the ol' body out. My tongue fuzz will probably be quite
toxic. Probably could substitute for bodhi pot.

>Your BB ever wonder if your BB is being fed properly w/o RAF?

me:
Yes, actually. This is a concern. It is my understanding that a small
amount of supplementation will cope with the enevitible deficiences.

>>BTW my dogs really liked the magazine. They ate
>>the whole thing while I napped.
>
>You're pretty funny yourself! But don't blame your dogs--they likely are
>starving for ARF, ah...I mean RAF...

me:
Hum, ARF(RAF) is that what they are asking for when they bark? Actually,
I am very concerned about our dogs health. I guess it would make a lot
of sense to feed them RAF as opposed to CAF. Our expences are very high
taking care of all the animals. But then we could reduce vet bills with
RAF I imagine. Anyone know about this??? What about those that put their
dogs and cats on veggie diets. Carrying it a little far???

kirk:
>BTW, I've decided to donate my body to your pig when I die. :/ :") :)

me:
Told the pigs(4) last night at chow time. They were overjoyed! They
started talking about pooling their allowances and hiring someone to
speed up the dying process. Don't worry though, I told them that would
be highly inappropiate and they would just have to wait. They live about
30 years, so there's time.

             ^    ^
              *  *
               (@)    (happy pig face)
              \___/

Bodhi, way to go with the trees!!! I love trees, I really do. They are
amazing and beautiful. I think there is one old pine that is around 3000
years old! I have a pretty pessimistic outlook on the enviorment though.
As long as humankind keeps reproducing at its' current rate I see nothing
but gloom. Of course, in the long run, we may wipe ourselves out and then
everthing will grow up again. The only way out, I see, is a radical change
in the consciousness of humans. This is why my activity is on an inner
plane ie: meditation ala J.Krishnamurti style. At this point though, I
really am not sure about much. Will report back after enlightenment
during fast :) (EDF)

Peace

David