RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Labedz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Nov 1996 19:41:08 -0500
Hi all!

Recently one of you wonderful folks mentioned a book called You Are
Extraordinary.  I mistakenly deleted the message before I jotted down the
author.  Would you be so kind as to repost the author?  I'd really appreciate
it, want to read this book (if still available).

Also, ombodhi's talk of seaveggies made me remember I wanted to tell you all
of one of my favorite things to eat - an almond and a bit of sweet carrot
wrapped in a piece of dulse - yum!  I eat a bunch of these little morsels
with other veggies nearly everyday for lunch.  That's about as close as I get
to a recipe!

Today my husband and I drove down to San Diego County to Encinitas to collect
our 21 year old son and then to Del Mar Garden Delight, the organic, vegan,
partially raw restaurant.  How wonderful is it that place exists!  Had juice
made from many different greens, a delightful salad and their great nori
rolls, filled with their sprouted almond paste, ginger and grated veggies.
 Wish that place were closer to home.  We are going there for Thanksgiving
dinner.  The rest of our family will be at my brother's house gathered around
the carcass of some poor turkey.  However, on Christmas day everyone will be
at our house as usual, feasting on vegan lasagna and a big salad.  That is
what I'll be providing.  Dad will bring bread from his bread machine, my
cousin and aunt will bring veggie sticks and a dip for apetizers and my
brother will bring his homemade apple pies.  Everyone seems to really enjoy
the dishes I make.  This is about the only time I actually do any "real"
cooking.  Once a year is about enough!  I find the holidays a real challenge
because my diet is so different from the norm and wonder how you all handle
them.  I feel badly about not going to my brothers' (we are invited each year
but decline).

Smiles,

Sandy