RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ward... James Ward" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 11:59:16 -0700
I just finished reading http://members.GNN.COM/chetday/ward1.htm with
great interest.  I'd love to read more if it's available, especially
electronically.  Has there been any thought of making M2M an e-mail
list?

We certainly have a lot of ants here in the Sonoran desert.  I wonder
when it was that we became too "civilised" to eat them?  I personally
have the pleasure of sharing my land with a large number of ants and
even a termite colony eating my back fence.

I find myself thinking about eating these little guys.  Ants can wage
some pretty good checmical warfare if you sit on the wrong.  :-)  I
wonder if primates avoid that by eating them quickly?  I remember
watching cimpanzees delight in the consumption and "fishing" for
termites.  They seem much more palatable to me.

I keep having my eyes opened on all fronts of my life to how much we
humans love to distort reality to please our "higher vision" of
ourselves.  I remember seeing a documentary a year or two ago where I
was first introduced to the scavenger theory (as opposed to the
hunter).  That must have been very hard for a lot of people to
swallow.  I have a very nice documentary about lions and hyenas that my
son wanted to watch every day for weeks.  Somehow, it didn't seem at
all unlikely that way back when, we were in there like jackals, before
the big guys came to shoo us away.

Adaptability seems to have been the major thing that makes us as
successful as we are.  Seems like our ability to sieze every
opportunity for nutrition and habitat have made us what we are.
--
[log in to unmask]                        Forging my sanity
http://mcmuse.mc.maricopa.edu/~jew/                   through polyamory.