RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 1996 01:35:14 EST
Three foods for a week, you say.  Now that's an interesting question.
For one thing, I'd most likely just be eating 1 or 2 meals a day anyhow,
so I might have to rotate these 3 foods rather than eat them all in the
same day.  Right now I'd take nappa, oats, and almonds, all organic of
course.  But if you asked me next week, you might get a totally different
answer.  (By the way, if this place I'm going is hot and sunny, I'd
probably skip the almonds and take watermelon instead, and then
substitute Green Energy for the nappa.)

As for how I got to be all raw, did you miss my recent posting on that?
Could someone forward it to Meredith?  I usually delete my pearls of
wisdom after I broadcast them over cyberspace.  Or you could read all
about it in M2M back issues, beginning with #8.

I'm a big believer in cold turkey on the cooked.  It's too hard to aim at
a particular percentage.  You'll just slide downhill, as you've noticed.
Easiest way to do it is to fast for 2-3 weeks first.  That will minimize
the cravings.  But if you can't do that, then just prepare yourself for
being miserable for awhile, maybe several months, while you detox, and
tough it out.

What was my impetus?  A combination of Pottenger's cats and the
incredible inspiration of Arnold Ehret..

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])