RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 1997 17:03:30 -0600
Hey Tom!

Good summary of the diets, but IMO there is one thing to tidy up on the
instincto summary...

>* Instinctive Eating - (anopsology) sequential mono-eating, guided by the
>senses (smell, and taste change = signal to stop eating). In practice, the instincto
>diet generally centers on raw fruit and raw meat, and excludes or limits raw
>vegetables, raw dairy, and grains/wheat. A similar diet, the Paleolithic
>diet, has gained some popularity in raw food circles in recent years.

Re: "excludes or limits raw vegetables, raw dairy, and grains/wheat"

Veggies can't really be considered in the same breath as dairy and grains,
which are excluded on a theoretical basis (and taste-change stuff). Veggies
are certainly eaten by instinctos and most realize that they need to avoid
letting too much fruit crowd veggies out of the diet. Indeed, such
non-instictive "wisdom" is pretty much written into the instincto lore.

I hope my missives about the relative unattractiveness of veggies hasn't
led you astray on this one. OK, so I haven't eaten a pound of the cole
crops in the last year, but I don't remember more than a few day in the
whole year when I didn't eat some veggies, often many. Granted, I favor the
fruit-veggies, like tomatoes cukes etc, but lettuce, celery, and beet
greens are pretty much staples in my diet as well. I have periods where
jewel sweet potato are just the ticket too.

Anyway, thanks for the fine summary!

Cheers,
Kirt