RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
[log in to unmask] (David Sifers)
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1996 00:08:45 -0400
Hello, all. I've been reading and enjoying this common interest of the
news-group and I'm finally ready to peek my brain in with two question I
just now thunk.

One. How does sleep theory fit in to the raw-food life? I've heard it
all, even from natural-foodists. Four or five hours is best. Or as much
as your body wants is best (No alarm clock?! Hello, I don't see Eden
anywhere around here) All sorts of theories on nerve-energy that is only
restored through sleep. (Those are the more is better crowd) and being a
working girl in New England, a....gasp! coffee-lover. (I can't stand the
breath, though.) To tell you the truth, I think I'm just a person who
prefers to be aroused as a general state. I mean that in the general
sense, not sexual. (Read "Peak Performance Living?") Anyhow! Answers?
Thoughts? I was just wondering if there was a general consensus on
sleep, how, how much, where, etc. and how wide it ranged among you
sorts.

Two. Blood Sugar. There are a lot of books out now that target blood
sugar to over-all health and vitality. Example one best-seller, "The
Zone." Or take, "The Five Day Miracle Diet," another NYTimes
best-seller. What do members of the raw-food community think on blood
sugar and it's impact and relation to health? And also, how does raw
food affect one's blood sugar and metabolism?

To really speak the truth, these questions are related very much. I am
interested in vitality. The raw-food ideas really make vitality-sense.
And I need some. I swear, I must be narcoleptic. It is a chronic problem
that exists in and out of my life on a so-far percieved random
interlude. I fall asleep in and out of consciousness till about five in
the evening and then I'm tired again at around 9:30. I stubbornly refuse
to go the "Syndrom" label route. I don't believe Nature is chaotic. I
believe health is natural. And my "health" ideal is absolutely inclusive
of "vitality."

Any empathizers?,
Julia.