RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 1998 12:32:03 -1000
JL:
>Now, why roasted sunflower has less magnesium than raw sunflower, I really
>don't understand why. Minerals are normally indestructible [they are
>usually roasted with the hulls; is it important, i.e. can minerals be
>released and deposit in the hulls??]

This kinda thing has always puzzled me. I remember comparing grapes to
raisins and doing the dehydrated math and finding the differences in
nutritional %s very  unusual. Some people have hypothesized that atoms must
be transmuted in such processes--I'm not ready to swallow THAT, but still I
have never heard an explanation for the decrepencies in mineral contents
between a fresh food and its dried/cooked/etc counterpart.

Given your mind, JL, I'd imagine this bothers you even more than it bothers
me ;) Your assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to get to the
bottom of this issue ;)

JL:
>The funny thing is that, since I didn't want to go to the hairdresser, I began
>to cut my hair myself (with a mirror and scissors)!

That is a funny thing! Be careful you don't snip your ear off ;)

Cheers,
Kirt (proud father of 7lb 3oz 40 hour-old daughter, Jaloa)