RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 1997 15:41:38 +0000
Ellie:
>Karl-W. Geitz wrote:

>> With most meat the stop is that it does no longer dissolve
>> easily in the mouth. And with wild meat there is an additional
>> sharpness, like Ananas or Kiwi, that is hard to break. On the
>> other hand, wild meat has a much deeper flavour, one piece of
>> wild dear once tasted like chocolate to me.

>Are Ananas and Kiwi animals? Are they available in NYC?

Ananas is a german word. Karl meant pineapples. But kiwi is the same in
english. Both are fruits, very acidy but it shows only if you are coming
to the stop. Before that they taste wonderful sweet if fully ripe.

By the way:
Can you explain the exact difference between mature and ripe to me, when
these words are used for food?

I'm digging in my Orkos-orders for the main season of durians etc. I
can tell you only for Bali (part of Indonesia), Thailand and Vietnam.
I haven't got an opportunity to buy things of Malaysia.

Just now I can tell you, that coconuts are available the whole year,
no matter which of the three countries.
Peanuts from Bali are also in season all the year. (Try them! I bet
you have never eaten unheated peanuts. In the asia shop you might have
good luck.)

Best regards,

Stefan