RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Loren Lockman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:20:39 EST
Dear Martha,

I live in the US, and run a Wellness Center outside of Washington, DC, where
we definitely have winter.  I also have clients, and friends, across the US,
Canada, and Europe -- including in chilly Sweden -- doing just fine eating
mostly fruit, with some leafy greens and small amounts of soaked nuts and
seeds.

Most people do tend to feel cooler eating fruit and vegetables -- at least at
first.  This is perfectly natural and normal, and will correct itself in time
as the circulation improves dramatically.

I used to suffer from Reynaud's syndrome, where my extremities would get numb
with the slightest amount of cold.  It used to happen dozens of times every
winter.  The last time it happened was the first winter I was all raw, nine
years ago.

My experience with many clients over this time indicates similar responses in
other people with enough time.

There is no question that a human being can get all the protein he/she needs
eating fruit.  The percentage of protein is a matter of fact, not opinion,
and is roughly equivalent to the percentage of protein consumed by a nursing
baby.

Physiologically, we are identical to the other fruit-eaters, and completely
different from the grain eaters, and heavy protein eaters.

I'm curious, Martha, how grains can help us "maintain the water balance" in
the body, when they are dry, and almost devoid of water.  Are you implying
that we have too much water and need to lose some?  Because that is exactly
what happens when we consume foods like grains.  Like virtually all other
animals, we are designed to eat foods rich in water.  Even the carnivores
drink the blood of their prey and eat the water-dense internal organs first.

When we eat foods like grains, devoid of water, our bodies are 1) not getting
the water they should get in the food, and 2) losing water from the system in
ordre to process the unnatural dry material through the digestive tract.

The result of this is the wholesale dehydration which plagues our culture,
and creates huge health problems.

Eating fruit and leaves, my food averages about 80-85% water, and I find that
I have almost no thirst, even in summer, drink very little water (or anything
else), and still urinate several times/day.

My clients have come to me with all different constitutions, blood types, and
places of origin.  Those that learn to eat like the other frugivores, and to
pay attention to the other areas that are critical to health -- air, water,
breathing, sunshine, exercise, sleep, emotional poise, and fasting/cleansing
all have, so far, found the highest level of health they have ever
experienced.

namaste,

Loren

In a message dated 3/12/01 11:47:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Nameste if you manage to live so healthily on fruits and vegetables I
wonder
 what country are you living in? The reason I am asking this is because
 living in the colder northern hemisphere it is difficult to maintain health
 on such a diet as it is overall too cooling ot the body. This then tends to
 undermine the intergrity of the adrenal glands which then lowers digestive
 power. i find that there are certain bodies who need the inclusion of grains
 in the diet for health and and maintaining water balance in the body.
 I found a diet of just fruit and vegetables too eliminating for my body
 although I appreciate that others do ok. One has to look at the long term
 implications of an all fruit diet. Our livers for optimal function need a
 certain amount of protein. I do not believe that this can be got from fruit
 as I lost too much weight on an all fruit diet and only gained it back when
 I put good quality protein back in my diet.
 I find that an all fruit diet is ok for a few days for cleansing purposes
 but beyond this it can work against some constitutions.
 Regards
 Martha >>