RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 07:19:21 -1000
>Nieft / Secola wrote:
>
>> If I ate a pound of grapes it was seista time a half hour late. Or time for
>> a couple bananas ;) This wouldn't happen to me previously, even when eating
>> a lot more fruit, like in Thailand. And, as I said, I was not very
>> conscious of the pattern until I experienced the contast of ketosis.

Ellie:
>So, you had the sleepy effect only after you had given up fruit for
>while.

No. This was before eating more animal foods (cooked). I seem to be able to
handle fruit much better now.

>Interesting. I'm not finding fruit has any sedative effects on
>me, even if I eat a lot. And while I used to be hypoglycemic after
>eating 4 dates, for example, I am no longer hypoglycemic after 4 or more
>dates, (verified by testing)

Sounds great. Perhaps it is because you are now eating RAF to a larger degree.

>I heard from Deborah that Manis found high mercury levels in the local
>fish, the highest in the top of the food chain, ie, tuna.

Thanks. I haven't talked to him recently. But I guess _we_ are the top of
the food chain as regards tuna ;)

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft