RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 17 Nov 2001 07:20:46 -0800
Hi all,

I believe that many serious diseases, not just MS can be helped
significantly by changing the diet, because I have also had
dramatic success in disease treatment with only changing diet,
that is what foods that patients eat.

But in my practice (a non-drug, natural health care type
practice), what I have found is that a lot of patients
(fortunately not all), have a huge resistance to using food this
way.  Generally speaking a lot of people are very attached, I
might even say addicted to their eating patterns.  I find this
unfortunate because it requires a great deal of patient
education, and most patients have mental indigestion after
hearing ideas that food can impact health so greatly.

Most people are brought up with a huge lack of education about
the idea that food impacts one's well being.  This is really too
bad.  In my experience the most difficult part about all of this
is not for a patient to learn new recipes and eating patterns,
and to try new foods, but to overcome the ingrained ideas that
eating normally like the average person is a good thing.

Jean
(aka Roberta)