RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 17:26:26 -0800
Stefan Joest quoted:

> If a hunt was successful, then mainly protein
> >and fat would be consumed during that meal.  At other times, gathered
> >fruits and vegetables would have been the major component of the meal.

 I recently read in my biochemistry book that sugar will retard the
absorption of amino acids in the intestine, so I tried not eating honey
after protein meals. On the other hand the body likes to have a mix of
nutrients at all times. It also says that the body absorbs foods
preferentially according to need, so I think the body can well handle a
mix of foods. It's probably a matter of efficiency. If I want to get all
the benefit from the protein, it's probably better to have the honey
first or as a snack. But I am trying not to be compulsive and obessive,
as Tom speaks of so often, about the way I eat, so if I feel like honey
after a meal I'll go for it. If it tastes good then, maybe my body is
telling me something.

My best, Ellie