RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roy P D'Souza" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 96 14:19:00 PDT
Hello,

I develop this serious breath problem whenever I go on raw foods for
more than a week. My breath turns "mediciny" (similar to what some
people get when they have throat infections or colds.) The breath odor
seems to exist all the time. I assume that this is a natural part of
detoxification. I have tried a few remedies (such as: more chlorophyl,
more exercise, fasting to expedite the cleansing, extra pranayama in
case the stuff is coming from the lungs, extra garlic to neutralize
bacteria, etc..) but nothing seems to even make a dent.

Some people have suggested that given time the breath will go back to
normal. My last foray into raw foods lasted for 2 months, but the breath
did not improve, and I gave up because the odor filled up the entire
house and my wife found it really offensive.

Other than this problem, I do not experience any other negative side
effects when I am on raw food: I feel lighter, healthier, more alert,
etc.. etc..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, here is a quick
summary of my eating habits: when I'm off raw food (most of the time) I
am mostly vegan (except for yogurt and an occasional pizza). When on raw
foods I make kollath breakfasts (based on raw wheat flour), salads with
large quantities of seed sprouts & greens, marinated dishes with raw
potatoes and firm veggies, controlled amounts of fruit and nuts. I eat a
lot of avocado and tomatoes with my salads. I also used to eat a lot of
raw legume sprouts til I started getting worried about toxins. I also
try to drink some wheatgrass juice daily to increase the intake of
chlorophyl. My job keeps me at a desk most of the day, and I compensate
with my daily practice of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga (a very strenuous,
sweaty form of yoga.) I have practiced yoga more than 15 years, and been
a vegetarian for more than 10 years. I hardly ever fall sick. So I don't
think I have any unusually high accumulation of toxins.

This is really important to me. Any advice would be really appreciated:
please e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Thanks much!

Roy