RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Eric (Ric) Lambart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 12:52:44 -0700
Greetings again, Sandy (it's great hearing so much more from you...just too
bad Don Walker isn't oriented towards these computer contraptions, yet),

>The melatonin article to which I refered recommended eating melatonin rich
>foods within an hour or so of bedtime IF one had sleeping difficulties.  I
>sleep better if I'm not hungry, so the no food for four hours plan before
>sleeping wouldn't work for me, I'd wake up with a demanding tummy.  However,
>I know that lots of health minded folks go to bed on an empty stomach and do
>just fine.

I guess I misinterpreted your message.  I understood you didn't eat within
four hours of bedtime, and was admiring your discipline, since I rarely
manage to go to bed on an empty stomach, either...as I know I should.

If I do a snack, after coming home late, it quiets me down (am usually wound
up and wired when I get home late) and makes me attracted to the sack, but
get much better rest when I can muster the self-control (not too often, as I
said) to not snack before bedtime.

Having read some of the melatonin articles, I recall them advising,
comparable to the warnings on sleeping pills and anti-histamines, to avoid
taking while operating machinery...like driving a car, etc.

Thanks for the contribution on the melatonin containing foods.

Cheers,

Ric