RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aaron Sugarman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:32:50 EDT
Jerry,

<< sorry I have a whole library on all this in storage, cant get too it and do
 not remember all the information from memory. I know that various herbs have
 different fatty acids in them, and are useful for things that are really
 deficiency syndromes, like some cases of PMS which are caused by these
 deficiencies. Can anyone else chime in with a  list of the fatty acids and
 there vegetarian sources. >>

I would love to find out, because it's my understanding that pre-formed long-
chain fatty acids can only be found fish, wild animals, brains, and I guess,
dairy.  Possibly algae, as well, which may explain why vegans get so into the
'mind' benefits of algae and tout it's virtues as brain food.  If deprived of
pre-formed long-chain fatty acids on a vegan diet, and then supplied them in a
new food, whatever food that is, fish or algae, one will probably notice the
difference.  Algae is supposedly where fish get their pre-formed long-chain
fatty acids from, from what little I've read.  Chimps probably get them from
insects, and the brains of small animals.  Gorillas from insects.  They
probably have something to do with the developmen of higher intelligence, as
our brains are something like 4 times the size of chimps.

Definitely herbs must play some vital role in nutrition that has yet to be
completely explored.  I love herbs.  Nutritional Healing...

Aaron