RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 9 May 1997 06:38:40 -0700
Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>:
>You seem to be describing the average fruitarian. Let me do the same
>with the average instincto. ...

Tom:
Yes, the description given was slanted towards fruitarians. Some of the problems
listed also occur in natural hygienists, with the additional problem that
some hygienists tend to worship Herbert Shelton as a god, or consider him to
be a god-like figure. Thanks for your interesting description of the average
instincto!

Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>:
>So, he doesn't listen to the comments around
>him. Instead, he strongly believes that he has found the right path to
>Ultimate Truth, that most people are blind to it, and that he is somewhat
>enlightened, among the elite.

Tom:
This may be a description of the motivation for the hostility displayed by
the zealots who were thrown off this list.  Of course your description
does not require, or even necessarily imply, hostility. Also, the zealots
might be hostile because they are nasty people at heart. Who can tell for
sure?

Jean-Louis Tu <[log in to unmask]>:
>So, he is trapped, but he doesn't care, because his jail is a golden one.
>He is obsessed about his diet, yes, but doesn't want to appear so.

Tom:
Your metaphor of a golden cage is interesting. One of the "classic" books
on anorexia nervosa is titled "The Golden Cage" (or "The Gilded Cage");
I believe Hilde Bruch is the author.  Anorexia and other eating disorders are
often compared to being in a golden cage.

As always, thanks for an interesting post!

P.S. I will be out of town this weekend - so will not respond to posts or e-mail
until Sunday night or early next week.

Regards,
Tom Billings