RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruno Comby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 23:20:30 +0000
I want to share a story with you which I feel is relevant : Burger
almost died of malaria in Africa 25 years ago. He had
experienced a variety of symptoms including strong fatigue, fever,
muscle cramps, no appetite, had lost a lot of weight and couldn't walk,
during about a week. He thought he was detoxing, and kept waiting for
things to go better. After about 10 days and several days being
serioulsy delirious, he became unconscious. The Burger family was then
living in a small village in the african forest where Nicole was a
school teacher to make a little money. Guy-Claude said he didn't want to
go to the hospital as long as he was conscious. When his condition
became worse and he wasn't conscious any more, Nicole decided to do
something, and against his will, loaded him in a truck and drove him to
the nearest hospital a few hours drive away. Guy-Claude almost died. It
was an advanced stage of malaria. His fever and delirium kept increasing
during the trip. Heavy-dosage anti-malarian nivaquine treatment was
immediately undertaken and he was back on his feet in less than 48
hours. Two instinctos waited too long and died in similar circumstances
in the 80's one of whom I very well knew (a 24 year old previously
healthy young girl, nutritionist, part of the team in Montramé). They
waited too long and by the time they arrived in hospital, the parasite
had won the fight. I know of at least three other instinctos who also
almost died, but rushed to hospital early enough.

Instinctive nutrition is certainly an important thing to do and can
strongly improve your health and immunity, but it doesn't always protect
from everything, especially some of the parasites in special
circumstances.

The only major problems I've seen though were with malaria (at least 2
died) and toxoplasmosis (2 died also, but both were severally
immune-deficient AIDS cases).

> This is all very good Bruno, you should post that to the mailing list.
> I liked the tone of your letter. Cheers. Denis

Raw salutations.--

Sincerely yours. With best regards.

Bruno COMBY.

IBC web site: http://www.lookup.com/homepages/70485/comby.html