RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Susie Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 1996 21:13:42 GMT
Dear good people,
You have been amazing in your replies on my sickness and I feel very
honoured to be getting so much help and support.

I haven't been able to reply sooner because I feel just as awful, unable to
do much but rest most of the time.  This has been a big shock for me because
I am used to being so active, rushing around all the time with the FRESH
network and my two children.  I have never felt like this before as a raw
fooder, always enjoying such wonderful health.

But in answer to the many replies, here are a few bits of information that I
think are vital.

Firstly what is this sickness?  Detox or what?
Well there's no doubt about it its detox.  I feel week, very ill and I
stink, so why?

Yes I have been raw for 5 and a half years, with 4 being 100% raw and the
other 18 months with a few plain cooked vegetables.  So in theory I should
be pretty clean.  That's where the mistake lies.
For the past few years I have stopped any major detox and cleaning for two
main reasons.
Firstly overeating.  I have a long history of food abuse, anoerexia and then
compulsive eating and eating for emotional reasons.  This had become a very
set pattern and habit of self abuse, and my daily intake of food well
exceeded my nutritional needs.  This is one good way of preventing needed detox.

The second factor has been a massive addiction to tomatoes.  Not organic
soil grown ones, but cheap hydroponic rubbish that is grown in toxic
chemicals to make things that look like raw tomatoes, but are in fact highly
acidic and toxic.  For years I have been eating several pounds a day, a
complete addict, unable to tear myself away.  My teeth were giving me awful
problems due to the acid and who knows what was happening to my bones to
compensate with my own minerals for the acidity.  The story is horrendous
and I hope it acts as a warning to others.  I felt I was OK because I was
raw, but in reality I was doing untold damage to my minerals and overal health.

So now you know why I am undergoing a massive detox.  When I discovered I
was pregnant, I immediately stopped all tomatoes and tried to load my body
with lots of mineral rich organic goodies.

Sadly the detox is now so heavy I do have to semi fast eating extremely
little,  ie the equivalent of about 2 oranges a day only.  I wish I could
eat more, but I just feel too awful.  Complex foods such as bananas, avos,
etc are completely out of the question and I am just allowing the detox in
these few early weeks.

Yes the fetus is needing valuable nutrients, and I am looking for a good
supplement to help it, so thanks for the info on Colloidals, but where did
you get the evidence that it could be toxic?  How about Spirulina??  I have
to have some nutrients because I can not eat.  I've been semi-fasting in
this way for a week and don't mind if it goes on for several.  I feel that
even though major development is happening inside, I should be able to
provide what it needs from my depleted reserves.  Anyway I can not force
food down, it would only come up again!!

It feels good to be getting rid of the years of accumulated rubbish at last.
My skin is looking even more wonderful and I know that it is for the best!

So thank you all for your support, and I will keep you up to date!!
With warmth,
Susie

P.S.  I COULD NEVER EAT ANIMAL FLESH OR ANY PART OF THEM.  MY VEGAN ETHICS
ARE JUST TOO STRONG.  The thought of abusing another lifeform just for a
product that I am sure I can get from plant sources horrifies me.  So in
respect to all animal eaters, thanks for the advice, but I know there are
alternatives.  Humans, and especially me, are generally greatly deficient in
minerals and nutrients, but I am sure answers can be found perhaps in the
Barley green, colloidal minerals, spirulina, wheat grass, and a host of
other possibilities.

Humans were originally tropical rain-forest dwellers, eating fruits, shoots
and leaves.  It was only after many thousands of years, due to loss of
habitat due to climate change etc., that humans had to scavange on the
savannah and eat anything just to survive because the year round fruit just
was not available.  But evolution has never adapted us to such products.  We
do not have the intestines, stomach acids etc of a carnivore.  Sure they may
contain good nutrients, but not for a human.  Not only do such products
affect our bodies, but more importantly our brains.  How come humans brains
are so underused and in fact are shrinking.  And why is the human race in
such a self-destructive mess?  There are so many bio-chemical clues pointing
to the loss of our original diet.

For those wanting to read more see our web page on:

http://www.eclipse.co.uk/fresh-wwn