RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 07:11:22 -0700
Robert Ratliff wrote, in part:

> If we can extract nutrients from roots by tincturing, then
> cooked foods have some nutrition. No one addresses that issue.

IMHO, there are two points against cooked food: 1) many nutrients
are destroyed or denatured by heat, leaving less nutrition for the
body, and 2) food elements which have been destroyed or denatured
are probably tougher for the body to deal with than those same ele-
ments raw.  I don't think that many people mean to say that cooked
food has no value at all.  To say that would be foolish; just look
at all the people living long lives on cooked food.  Those lives
probably aren't super healthy, but cooked food has enough to keep
people alive, at least.  The quality of one's life is increased by
increased consumption of quality foods, I think we would all agree.

Carol