RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lucia Ruedenberg Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 01:08:03 -0400
On Wed, 24 May 2000, Thomas E. Billings wrote:

> The artificial soy milks border on indigestible. Soy milk made using
> whole soybeans is better than the artificial, but it is still made from
> soybeans - and soy has far more anti-nutrients in it than almonds
> or rice.

yes, I understand that. we buy Westsoy's unsweetened soy milk made
from
whole, organic soy beans (actually I think it's fairly easy to make
yourself. My acupuncturist told me how once). And my husband drinks a
smoothie made from this every morning. I worry about his consuming so
much
soy milk every day (about a quart) but he says he's found something
that
works for him and attributes it to the protein.

> For info on the anti-nutrients in soy, see the article by Liener, as
> cited in the Raw vs. Cooked article on Beyond Veg. (That article
> is very interesting reading - soy has an amazing array of anti-
> nutrients, many of which are highly resistant to the common food
> processing techniques).
>
> PS soy probably has more protein, but bioavailability is an issue.

thanks. I'll go check it out.
Lucia