RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Boyar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 97 23:29:32 -0700
>Hint: if he plans to do such a stay, he should choose perhaps November for
>beginning. If my memory serves me right, this is the begin of the hunting
>season, so meat of wild animals would be served in Montrame and this would be
>the best test, much better even than the meat they ordinarily have (from
>cultivated animals).
>There is only one disadvantage: game meat will be even more expensive than
>their
>normal one. Prices app. 120DM per kg, that's roughly calculated $35 per
>pound.

Dear Stefan,
You are more than kind and considerate in your suggestions.  However, I
am in financial shock after the past year with Zephyr, having spent vast
sums on airfare, phone bills, publishing Zephyr's book, his complete
dental restoration, six weeks of nursing care, medical bills, and
laboratory tests for him, and throughout, his astronomical food bills
(imported durians, coconuts, mangos, vast quantities of RAFs, and  his
habit of going through entire cases of produce at a single meal in order
to eat only the most luminous morsels).  So I'm afraid the trip to France
and an extended stay at the Chateau will have to wait until he starts
contributing some income to our household.

>Dr. Klaper:
>>perhaps having been consumed with raw beef or pork long ago.  If that is
>>the case, then Zephyr contracted trichinosis by eating "good" meat -- and
>>suffered the consequences.  The implication is that another bout of these
>>nasty worms could be as close as the next slab of beef.
>
>Hm. Should be impossible in my oppinion because a trichine exhibition
>(correct
>word?)

inspection?

>is mandatory for every commercially sold meat, i.e. it   m u s t   be
>inspected if it contains trichines. Should be part of the U.S. laws.

Well, you know how closely laws are followed.  There have been horrific
exposes on U.S. meat inspectors.  There aren't enough of them, they are
horribly overworked, and the meat goes by them so fast they can't even
see what's on or in it.

>Deborah:
>>Wondering what instincts are,
>
>They aren't made for food that was never provided by nature. They are
>immediately cheated by junk food. That's why the quality of the food-supply
>plays such an important role in instinctive nutrition.

I see.  I am glad you are at peace with this system.  I personally am
not.  I do respect your views, however, and especially the way in which
you express them.

With kindest regards,

Deborah