RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:20:05 -0600
>Ben:
>> 1) The Asian custom of "Century-old Eggs," in which eggs are essentially
buried
>> and left to age for long periods of time (weeks, I assume) until the yolks
are
>> black.  Rich in bacteria, these eggs are consumed as delicacies.

Wes:
>Totally gross. My opinion.

Exactly.  And I'm sure that many of your friends feel like your raw egg
smoothies are "totally gross."  It's all a matter of perspective.

>> 2) The old Native Eskimo custom of aging meat, essentially the meat and
animal
>> oils being buried in the ground and aged until the concoction's odor can be
>> detected from a certain distance.  This was eaten traditionally in specific
>> schedules to prepare for long cold seasons.
>
>I am aware of that practice, yes. They did not have access to plant
>foods.

Nor did they apparently need them.  The non-modernized native eskimos thrived on
their rich diet of raw animal foods, which allowed them to flourish in some of
the most harsh conditions around.

Once again, there is a great deal of information on the above in the books I
mentioned in the previous post.

>That's good to hear that [RAF] has helped you. What other types of diets
>have you experimented with, and how did you come to the conclusion that
>a raw meat-based diet was the best out of all of them, including other
>versions of raw foods diets?

Most specificially, I cut out animal foods from my diet for at least a year,
about 5 years ago.  I found that I was not doing well without them (weight loss,
general weakness), even though I still ate them cooked.  I added them again to
my diet and became healthier in general.

Then, as you know, about two years ago I was introduced to Aajonus' book which
introduced me to some new concepts, and specifically RAF.  I then read a host of
other writings (especially the price-pottenger studies, schmid, and udo erasmus)
which confirmed to me the apparent importance of raw fats/animal products.

I then did the most important part which was experimenting on my own... for over
a year.  And, once again, I tell you that I tickled pink with the results.  The
raw animal fats and meats have really helped just about everything from my skin,
digestion, muscle tone, energy, and mental state.

Once again, I really don't say this to be a missionary for the RAF cause, but
because you asked.  I feel like everybody can experiment and learn on their own
to discover whether RAF is beneficial for themselves.

>I find that I have no "attachment" to any food I eat. J-L mentioned
>regarding "aged meat" -- "...once you are hooked..." -- Sounds like an
>addiction or attachment to me.

Aw, Wes, come on.  Can we define addiction here?  When I think of "addiction," I
think of a habit which includes bad side effects (such as narcotics, smoking).
If a craving or need for food is an addiction, then count me in.  There are many
foods which I love to eat, and consider them as very important in my diet.  And
yes, I'm hooked on RAF.  When I munch on a rich, beef steak, I'm almost giddy
with the satisfaction my body expresses at having done so.

Friendly Regards,

Ben