RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 10:30:36 +0000
Hi all olive eaters,

Jean-Louis:
>I recently found some fresh olives, and I also found that eating only
>one of them is difficult. Do you think I should store them in a jar for
>a while, and then let the jar open for 24 hours? How long should I
>store them in a jar?

Two ideas:

1. You have no need for them. Since you never ate them raw this sounds
weird.

2. You can't eat them fresh (but later perhaps will be able to do it).
Then I would just put them on a plate and keep them at room temperature
for one or two weeks. They must be open to the air else they will
spoil (although olives plus fungus can be very exciting, I tell you.
:-))
At the next harvesting period I will ask Orkos how old the olives are
when I'm getting them with the first harvest.

Fatty black regards (like spanish olives),

Stefan

E-Mail: [log in to unmask]