RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:07:11 -0700
http://www.veg.on.ca/newsletr/marapr98/salmon.html

http://www.seattletimes.com/extra/browse/html97/altgold_022197.html

http://www.edf.org/pubs/NewsReleases/1998/Oct/j_fishfarm.html

http://www.island.net/~focs/nlsp97/ffarms.htm

http://www.life.ca/nl/58/fishfarming.html

All those sites are talking about the desastrous impact of farmed
salmon on
wild ecosystems. The farmed  salmons are fed out of cheap  by products
of
the food industry (the only way to make it worth it ) so it will
depend of
the availability of those ones  locally and you can be sure that grain
will
be represented in the pellets . Those pellets are generally cooked
too.
Please don't encourage this degradation of our food sources. And
organic or
not it doesn't change that it is contributing to the impoverishment of
the
oceans in sea food. Here they farm atlantic salmons and there is some
escaping because seals attacks the farms , The wild salmons are
affected by
those new comers spreading diseases...The same problem  occuring  in
concentrated  land animal raising with its production of manure  are
happening here too  , except than here nobody is gathering the feces
of
thousands of salmons "living"  in few square meters.
( the ocean is supposed to take care of it)
The best way to protect  and maintain a healthy population of wild
animals
and wild plants is to eat them,  overwise  they get replaced by
sickly
farmed animals .and plants. And humans are not very good at creating
sustainable healthy ecosystems.
I can send dry wild salmon to you if you don't have access to fresh
ones ,
send me in exchange whatever wild food is still happening around you.
that
way we will do more for our health and the health of our environments
than
letting the agrobusiness taking charge of feeding us. Wild salmons
used to
live in France and could be reinvited by cleaning  the rivers out of
the
effluents produced by farmed animals ....
jean-claude
jean-claude