RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Meredith Westfall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:05:41 -0500 (EST)
Hello all,
i was at the library and ran into Tobe's book, The No-Cook Book.  He
published it in 1969 and much of what he has to say is still truth.  i.e.
50% of all Americans have a weight problem.  I just read this in the
newspaper not so long ago.  I guess Tobe's theory was grounded in
research!!  He lists reciped for the whole year.  Most of the ingredients
are uncooked veggies and fruit, but he also veers into dairy and fish.

So the $million dollar question is...What ever happened to Tobe.  How was
he viewed in the raw/hygienic community?  If anyone is interested, I'll
copy a few of his introductions (he has one for each month on hunger,
food, dealing with others, etc.).  Just let me know.

Other titles under his name are
Enzymes-the spark of life
Hunza:adventures in a land of paradise

Oh, the No-Cook Book did go through a third priting according to this
edition.  What a find!

"Food alone cures most diseases."
                -Hu-Se-Hui

Until next time,