RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 11:50:15 -0400
Gerry Coffey,

>> The Champion ...... can juice almost every type of vegetable
>> efficiently, including leafy vegetables and wheat grass (to a limited extent).

Liza:
Actually, it does not perform well at all with the fibrous,
stringy veggies like celery or wheat grass. The fibers get
wrapped around the rotating blade mechanism, and overburden
(and overheat) the motor, and you have to stop the machine
and untangle the strings in order to continue. I
personally wouldn't recommend this juicer for wheat grass.

>> HOW MUCH SHOULD I PAY?
>> A good juicer is going to cost from $200 to $700. The Olympic, Acme,
>> and Champion run around $250 to $350. The Green Power Juicer runs around
>> $600 to $700."

In this area (Washington DC / Baltimore / Virginia) a
Champion costs $200 at the very highest, and can be found in
many places for $180. I'd be glad to help a listmember
purchase one from this area, if that would make sense. The
Acme can be found here for $150.

Love Liza

--
[log in to unmask] (Liza May)