RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 13:34:48 +0100
Ellie,

> One way I suspect something contains toxins is whether it sets up a
> craving. IMO cravings are for stimulants. One definition of a stimulant
> is anything that increases metabolism above its normal range, and this
> could be for the purpose of detoxing. So, if something is a stimulant, it

this is a very good explanation. It just hit me at
the right time. In the last weeks, I liked to eat
lots of peanuts, nuts and dried figs. All of them
stimulate my body. I become more awake and my mood
becomes brighter. During all these weeks I did not
do any exercise, but sit on my bottom and work in
the office, even during the weekends. So, because
natural stimulation was missing, I seem to have
sought the artificial one. I will now try to change
that. Thanks.

-Karl

PS: Some detoxing might also be the reason. Peanuts,
for example are like bread to me. They taste similar,
(but sweeter) and the feeling in the mouth is like
that of the so-called gray bread that we normally
eat at home.